At long last, the final release of TopStyle 3.5 is now available. My thanks go out to everyone who helped during the lengthy beta cycle – I hope you enjoy the new version!
As you can see from the release notes, version 3.5 isn’t a minor upgrade – it offers a ton of new features, improvements and fixes. It could easily have been called TopStyle 4.0, but I know customers have been waiting a long time for a new TopStyle, so we’ve named it v3.5 and made it a free upgrade from v3.0.
To get it, just stop by the TopStyle Registered Download page, then enter the serial number you received if you purchased TopStyle through NewsGator. If you purchased through another online store (such as RegNow), enter the email address you used when you placed your order. Note that there’s no need to uninstall the previous 3.x version before upgrading – just install v3.5 directly on top of it.
Top five new features in TopStyle 3.5:
- Box Spy – exposes an HTML tag’s margins, padding and content box as you mouse over it in the preview
- Live Preview – apply the current style sheet to an external URL
- Replace in Files – as requested by countless former HomeSite users who loved its "Extended Replace" feature
- New style definitions for Firefox 2, IE7, Safari 2 and Opera 9
- PNG images are now supported by the thumbnail viewer
Top five improvements in TopStyle 3.5:
- Faster performance throughout
- Insight now displays a list of HTML entities when & key is pressed
- Hitting TAB when text is selected now indents the selection (I know this seems like a minor improvement, but enough people asked for this that I figured it deserved to be included here)
- Support for printing in color
- Thumbnail viewer is now embedded in the file explorer for easier access
Top five fixes in TopStyle 3.5:
- Site reports and style insight now correctly support multiple class names (ex:
<div class="class1 class2">)
- Style sweeper now does a much better job preserving CSS comments
- Thumbnail viewer now always shows the correct image dimensions regardless of the system font size
- W3C HTML Validator no longer fails due to invalid content-type
- A myriad of fixes to make TopStyle Vista-compatible
If you have any questions or comments about the new TopStyle, please stop by our support forums and we’ll follow up with you ASAP.