If you’re a regular reader of this blog, you know that I’m hopelessly addicted to Rock Band and Guitar Hero. I pretend that I bought those games for my kids, but we all know I really bought them for myself (and if the kids are nice, I’ll let them play, too).
It’s a sure sign that you’re addicted to these games if you see colored notes flying towards you when you listen to music. In my case, it’s become so bad that when I hear one of my favorite songs on the radio, I often find myself wishing I could play it on my cheap plastic guitar.
So far, here are the top 10 songs that I wish I could play:
- Frank Zappa – Peaches en Regalia
- Stevie Ray Vaughan – Little Wing (Hendrix cover)
- Led Zeppelin – Black Dog
- Metallica – Master of Puppets
- Avenged Sevenfold – Bat Country (dumb video, but good song)
- Focus – Hocus Pocus (hat tip to Fake Steve Jobs)
- Red Hot Chili Peppers – Under the Bridge
- The Beatles – While My Guitar Gently Weeps
- Steve Vai – For the Love of God
- Pink Floyd – Comfortably Numb
Bonus wish: Metallica’s One and Rush’s YYZ are in the Guitar Hero series, but I wish they were available in Rock Band as well. I’m a lousy vocalist, but I think I could do a decent job with the vocals on YYZ :)